Search This Blog

Sunday 31 January 2021

Looking back at January

 I really wasn't looking forward to January 2021.  January is never a good month for me.  The fun and friendliness of Christmas is over and spring still feels a long way off.  Most years I book a bargain break in February to give myself something to look forward to but that wasn't an option this year.  

But I knew January was coming so I planned for it.  I cooked lots of lovely food and froze it to avoid that vicious cycle of not feeling like cooking and then eating rubbish food so I feel even worse.  I invested in a daylight lamp to minimise the risk of SAD.

And January was good.  I really enjoyed the food I had prepared.  I enjoyed the walking.  I enjoyed seeing friends on zoom or just talking to them on the phone.  I planned lovely things to do when I can go out.  I appreciated my home.  I've helped lead worship on-line.  I've been very grateful to all the people who have helped me stay safe.  I've done several on-line craft courses.  

And I have been happy.  Who would have thought that January 2021 would be my happiest January in years?

5 comments:

  1. Good to hear. Hard to believe we are one month into this new year. Glad of it though with changes here for administration. Did you get my last letter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad for you that January was filled with new manners of blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very glad to read this. I hope that February is just as happy for you.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is wonderful news. I am thrilled that something good is coming out of this terrible pandemic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how your January was a happy one, the happiest in years. I am retired and mostly staying home, of course. I guess this is a marathon, not a sprint.

    ReplyDelete