Search This Blog

Wednesday 6 January 2021

Tasty joy

 Some things about the pandemic have been awful and if you had Covid or you have lost someone you love, you have my sympathy.  My sympathy too if you have been separated from the people you love.

However, there have been some really good things happening this year and, for me, one the great things has been rediscovering some dishes which I don't often bother to cook.  Today when I came back from my walk I tried to think of something which I "fancied" for my breakfast and suddenly I thought of cheese omelette.
Oh, it was good!  I fried it in butter and just let the cheese melt on top of the eggs before I folded it and slid it on to my plate.  I had time to savour every mouthful.  There are still these lovely flowers on my table from Christmas and that's the only photograph I have because the omelette was far too good to delay eating while I found the camera!

5 comments:

  1. I'll take your word for it that the cheese omelette was a very tasty one, but I am also admiring your very pretty plate. You just have to finish every last scrap so that you can see the lovely pattern, don't you?
    Now I'm fancying a cheese omelette . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delightful. Today I used the leftover roast beef in gravy for beef on toast for breakfast. A change from the usual. Needed in these times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blessings can be found, sometimes you just have to look for them. So glad you got so much enjoyment from your omelette, it sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good food, and time to enjoy it are really the best things in life.

    Your plates are lovely.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete