Search This Blog

Friday 15 January 2021

A Whole New Day

 Yesterday wasn't a good day for me.  Physically I felt slightly under the weather.  And the weather was definitely under the weather!  

I couldn't go out for a walk.  The non stick pan could be prosecuted under the trade descriptions act.  I ached.  I wanted to eat non stop.  I couldn't even be bothered to achieve my step target by walking around the house.  I spent the day doing rubbish stuff on the pooter.  You get the picture.

But today is a whole new day!  I'm up, dressed and by 8.30 I had done a quarter of my target steps.  I've phoned Jack and had the great pleasure of waking him.  I've planned my meals for the day.  I'm feeling purposeful and "over the weather" (which is even more horrid than yesterday).

And that's the pleasure of a whole new day.  Each morning I wake and lay in bed and think of all the wonderful things I can do.  Today a cousin is coming.  Claire-from-along-the-road and I have been out for a walk.  I'm doing an on-line sewing course with the Women's Institute.  

And I can (almost) forget how grotty yesterday was!

9 comments:

  1. Thank goodness we can still resurrect those 'good day' feelings. This morning the sun came out after too many grey, wet & gloomy days and cheered me up a bit. We have Covid in the family (my lovely niece, two of her daughters who live separately but I think their children might have been the carriers, and a daughter-in-laws Dad) so I worried about them and felt my own vulnerability more. But sunshine is the great healer of minds. I'm still staying in and intend to remain so until the world is a safer place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, that sounds close. Stay safe! My cousin's daughter got it just before Christmas and I felt very vulnerable too. I'm not risking anything at this stage.

      Delete
  2. Glad to read the misery of yesterday didn't extend not today. We have had lots of gray days here with little sun. Today the sun is trying to peek out but weather report is for snow/rain tonight. Different forecasts depending upon what source I check.
    There is a letter wending its way to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that you are feeling better today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always say that each day gives us a clean slate, and you just proved that is true.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Today I'm feeling a bit like you did yesterday - but - I don't beat myself up about it anymore. I'l have an easy day - probably in my PJ's - try to get a decent night's sleep and then start over tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blame it on the weather! I always do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't it amazing how one day can be awful and the next day wonderful? I was so anxious yesterday trying to sign up for a coronavirus vaccine, which they made very difficult to do, that today I treated myself to an R&R (rest and relaxation) day and it was quite happy. Oh, and after lots of stress trying to sign up, I did get an appointment for the vaccine for Friday.

    ReplyDelete