Search This Blog

Thursday 27 August 2020

A life of idleness

 Jack has been hinting that I really ought to blog more often.  Trouble is, I'm not doing much.

On Monday Annie-the-home-enhancer came.  Annie has school age children so once they go back to school I don't want her to come but during August she's been three times to sort me out.  I now have a lovely home again.  I'm still "deep decluttering" and will be doing so for the foreseeable future.  Jack came too to bring a huge bag of greengages.  Then I nipped to a village about twenty miles away to collect some clothes from one (paternal) cousin for another (maternal) cousin who is a dressmaker, to alter. 

Tuesday I was totally worn out from the amount of work Annie did on Monday!  So I just sat and finished a hat for the Sailors Society and a twiddlemuff for whoever.  Oh and I roasted tomatoes and made soup to freeze ready for the winter.  And made a loaf of bread.  And a batch of greengage jam.

Wednesday I went to take craft stuff to yet another cousin who is very involved with Brownies and things.  My deep decluttering has unearthed quite a bit of stuff which I am unlikely to use so the Brownies can have it.  Then I cast on another twiddlemuff - I'm trying to use up the odds and ends of wool which I keep finding.  In the afternoon Sainsbury's brought my groceries.

Today I visited a friend, had a routine corona test, made two batches of chutney, wrote a letter and did my telephone "pastoral visiting". 

So as you can see, I have a life of idleness

And now I am struggling with the new Blogger trying to create this post.  I haven't yet come across a blogger who has a good word to say for it!

(I've put links to twiddlemuffs and the Sailors' Society but just in case you don't know a twiddlemuff is a muff with buttons, ribbons and other bits and pieces firmly attached.  It is given to dementia sufferers so they have something which will keep their hands warm but which they can fiddle with harmlessly.)  


6 comments:

  1. You can blog about your thoughts, watch you are watching or reading, what you hear in the news-not covid related too even!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No nice word about blogger from me either, it has been a struggle. Glad all is well with you and that you are filling your days. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing a lot. Never heard of a twiddlemuff but can see their usefulness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am having the same problem. It seems as if nothing new and exciting happens any more.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erm . . . where do you get the idea that you're leading an idle life? You put me to shame! I'm glad you've ventured out though; I did the same last week and had a great time. I've come to the conclusion that a stay-in-home life is really not good. Certainly not for my fitness levels - the lack of exercise has done me no good at all. My hips & knees feel unreliable and I worry about falling, so I need to force myself out to walk.
    You've bought some tasty, fresh produce there and preserved a few things ready for your store cupboard, so well done for that. I haven't been brave enough to go into shops yet - good old Sainsbury's bring me a weekly order.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "so as you can see, I have a life of idleness," is said in jest, right. LOL
    You're so funny!

    Today is the first I've encountered the new blogger. I'll just say it took me awhile to figure out how to post comments to my own blog that were waiting in moderation. Goodness! That was confusing!

    ReplyDelete