Search This Blog

Tuesday 1 May 2018

'The rule is, jam to-morrow and jam yesterday - but never jam to-day.'

I agree with Alice.  I disapprove of the White Queen's rule.  Jam days are part of healthy living.  It must come sometime to "jam today".

Maybe I just need to realise that there is jam every day: I need to recognise it.  Maybe I do - my simple pleasures are jam.  I've never quite worked out what mindfulness is - is it just appreciating the jam? 

This month I have quite a few jam days planned.  I've got a special rail journey booked and I think I've got a photography course booked.  I say I think I've got it booked because it's 19th May but unless there are a few more bookings it will be cancelled as not viable.  If the weather is good I've got plans to make my first visit this year to a few gardens.  Even if the weather is horrid I've got at least one indoor trip.  I'm going card-making and I've got some sewing lined up.

Here's hoping that you too have jam in May.

10 comments:

  1. you are a busy girl! Looking forward to some lovely photos from your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the photography course happens there may be lovely photographs. If not, just the usual.

      Delete
  2. I hope they get some more bookings. Enjoy a little jam every day, give up on butter, if you must!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To change the metaphor, during May it's the full enchilada!

      Delete
  3. Just in from my volunteer session for an ESL group (English as a Second Language) and I've just finished a cup of tea with some cream crackers, butter & strawberry jam - and it was delicious! I am on a very low carb diet right now so jam and crackers are a real treat - just had three so it was a light supper. :-)
    And it was a "jam" kind of day - the first day since October that I could get out with just a heavy sweater - no jacket! I made it over to High Park (our huge city park - like NY's Central Park) for a walk through the main section (first time since I injured myself back in Sept.) and it was wonderful! Everyone is on Cherry Blossom watch at the moment but it's still about 2 weeks away. Enjoy your month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My cherry blossom tree was a great disappointment this year - it was in flower for less than two days! I think the weird weather may have had something to do with it.

      Delete
  4. We seem to be having a lot of jam days lately, we both appreciate everything more since Gerard' heart attack. I would like to improve my photography skills, maybe you could share a few tips if you manage to do the course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really sorry about the heart attack per se but it's so often true that illness is a "wake up, slow down, smell the roses" call. By the way, I loved your photos of sheep by the 40mph sign yesterday.

      Delete
  5. Jam has been sorely missing from this month. Go, go, go but no jam. An inspiring post my friend! I think you've just identified exactly what this tired momma needs (and quite frankly her very on edge little boy too). Thank-you as always for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely to see you back in Blogland! Hope baby number 2 isn't wearing you out too much before s/he arrives!

      Delete