Search This Blog

Tuesday 8 November 2022

H is for Home

Home is my favourite place anywhere!  There is nowhere on earth I would rather be,   Here I can really be myself.  I'm happy to show you the outside of my house, but inside it's home, my personal space and I share only very small areas on my blog.

It's where I can totally relax, where I can sit and think.  

It's where I can plan and dream about the future, and reflect on the past.

It's where I can welcome others.  When people come I can share who I am and who they are.  

It's where I can weep and where I can rage, if that's how life grabs me.  And then I can dry my tears and recover my composure at my own pace.  

It's where I can truly explore.  I don't need to go anywhere else to learn about the world, new skills or new experiences, unless I want to. 

When I leave these four walls I am secure in knowing that back here my home will be waiting for me.

To be homeless, to be a refugee, to be on the streets is unimaginable misery and those who have no real home are a worry to me, as are those whose home is a place of fear or abuse.  

Thank God for my home!



4 comments:

  1. Home is a very precious space. I thank God daily for my home too

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking this about my home the other day when the warmth after a cold walk just felt like a hug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Home has always been my safe place. A place where I can totally be myself.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your thoughts on how the interior of your home is rather private, a place to truly be you.

    ReplyDelete