Search This Blog

Monday 11 October 2021

Thanksgiving

 Happy Thanksgiving to my Canadian readers!  



And quite apart from the fact that I hope you have a lovely day, you have given me the nudge to do a gratitude post.

I'm grateful for problem free (so far) surgery and recovery.  I was worried before this op as so many people seem to struggle with recovery after knee replacement surgery but I am already managing some walking without sticks.  I'm having the clips removed today so it's probably good that I'm writing this before any discomfort that may cause.

And I'm grateful for several beautiful days lately.  My sitting room faces east so I've watched some lovely sun-rises.  The afternoons have been sunny and as my conservatory faces west I have been able to take advantage of natural heating just by opening the door from the house to the conservatory.

And I'm grateful for the benefits of modern technology, especially food preservation.  I know that might sound a weird thing for a gratitude list but I was able to freeze home cooked food a few weeks ago so I am able to have home cooked food now, even though I don't want to stand at the stove and stir.  I have food kept fresh in the fridge all the time nd I have a plentiful supply of tine when I need them.  Its easy to forget what a boon food preservation is but at times like these I couldn't manage alone without it.

And (I think!) I am grateful for Jack.  Yes, I AM grateful for (and to) Jack.  He's come today to sort things out in the garden for me  and he will take me to the Health Centre.  He's quite impressed with how well I am doing abd even more impressed that he will get home made leek and potato soup for lunch.  It's good to be able to impress him.

5 comments:

  1. Such good progress and yes, lots to be thankful for. Glad to read, friend, that you are doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful progress. Yes we all have lots to be grateful for.

    Thank you for the Thanksgiving wishes.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on your progress so far. After my knee replacement I was dreading having all those clips removed; I'm not good with pain! But it was absolutely fine, no pain at all. My daughter-in-law, though, who accompanied me, had to be led to a nearby chair because she was swaying and in danger of passing out. Lol, lol.
    Actually, I hope it was just as painless for you, Mary?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The removal of the clips was really uncomfortable and some were painful and unfortunately my leg has been painful this week but I still think I have been very lucky. Ice packs are wonderful. Especially combined with co-codamol.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for thinking of us Canadians at Thanksgiving! One can never be too grateful! Hope your knees keep getting better and the pain get less and less with each day!

    ReplyDelete