Search This Blog

Wednesday 9 December 2020

This and that.

 Jack is coming today so I have been rushing around getting ready for him.  Life is wonderful when he has been but the run-up to his arrival. . . . oh dear!  I now need a sit down.

While I've been sitting Claire-from-along-the-road texted to suggest a walk.  I declined.  I'm still walking around the block but I've been doing it almost every day so I have awarded myself a gold star and allowed myself a breather on the grounds that I will be sending the day chasing around after Jack.  

Most of my Christmas cards have now gone so I can breathe a sigh of relief.  I enjoy writing each card or letter - it's just the sheer number of cards and letters which can be daunting.  

My advent stable is filling nicely with five animals, two herdsmen and a star and there's an angel perched on top.  I take care when I put it away after each Christmas so that the figures come out in some sort of order but I vary the order and I can never remember which order I have put them in so there is still an element of surprise.  

I've had an e mail from Tracing Rainbows to say I have won her giveaway!  That's another lovely Christmas surprise.  


6 comments:

  1. I love your advent calendar, please can you say where you bought it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought it from Lakeland Ltd about fifteen years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a wonderful Advent calendar. I would love to have something similar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little Nativity figures are delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the nativity stable. Hope you had a good visit with Jack and that he is well.

    ReplyDelete