Search This Blog

Friday 1 May 2020

I am in disgrace and it's lovely!

It's been the sort of day that I dread and yet dream of.  It's the day that Jack came to sort out the garden.  (In case you are worried we maintained correct distancing and he didn't come in the house.)

I had warned him that it was dire. But he seemed not to have taken my warnings on board.

Here's how it was.  

And here's how it looks now.



He's threatened promised to come back.  He's also threatened promised to write a blog post.

Before he tells you what a disgrace I am I will say that I was ready when he arrived at 6am, that I kept him well supplied with cups of tea, that I gave him home made soup and also sandwiches made of home made bread and home cooked ham.  And there were no hooks.

And he went home with a loaf of home made bread

11 comments:

  1. Hoe nice to have someone so good at regaining order!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does Jack travel? I could give him so much to write about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fine job completed for you.
    Sorry I haven't penned a third letter, but I'm still awaiting your first so I know what to respond about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jack did a spiffy job and your garden looks ready for visitors in the hopefully near future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad that Jack stopped by, what a great man getting everything back in order. Company for each other in these isolating times. Take care and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jack did a wonderful job!! Glad that you got a bit of company during this trying time for the two of you. Bet he loves the loaf.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely to have a man-who-can - he's sorted the garden out beautifully (though you did very well yourself). Mine kinda looks like your 'before' photos so maybe I should take some photos now, then after my delivery from Thompson & Morgan, which is arriving in dribs and drabs. Some seeds (Borage, Marigolds and some herbs); bulbs (Nerine); 2 GrowBags (in transit); tomato plants still to come plus bedding plants for the big pots out the front.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you can see his horror in the splaying out of his hands in that first picture! Wonderful that he managed to sort your garden for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not sure how you manage to do it every time, but once again this post has made me smile so much. Lovely!

    This time is so unbelievably foreign and unfathomable with unheard of events (like not being able to mourn properly) but we are getting through it aren't we. I love hearing that you're still regularly keeping in touch with people and most of all that Jack has come around.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If Jack ever wants to come and visit New Zealand, I have a garden and can supply cups of tea and sustenance:-) My garden is looking "end of summer" tired and the rain of the last few days doesn't help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As you know Jack can't reply to comments but he has texted me. One of his great ambitions is to visit New Zealand. He has asked me to say "He ah te mihi Kia Ora" which I hope means what he says it means! If he ever gets to NZ he'll be after your address!

      Delete