Search This Blog

Saturday 23 November 2019

The water isn't just indoors


I live about forty miles from areas where there has been horrendous flooding over the past few weeks.  My dining room is wonderful compared with many people's homes.  I have to wait a couple of months for my new carpets but the damage here is minimal compared to those poor people in South Yorkshire.



However, this area has had its own floods and several road closures.  The church where I led worship last Sunday is about eight miles from home and I had to travel fifteen to get around the various diversions.  The river in Brigg is usually a quiet backwater but it overflowed its banks (not too badly) a few days ago.  I didn't visit then but I have visited twice recently.  The sluices were opened to release water a couple of days ago and the Ancholme is now back to something like normal.



3 comments:

  1. Sad to see these photos and hear more about the flooding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be so frightening for people living near rivers that are threatening to overflow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When the Souris river flooded badly here a few years back, I have never been so happy to live on a hill. I am so sorry that areas around you are suffering through the damage that a flood can do.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete