Search This Blog

Friday 1 February 2019

HWJ & WDFH?

My most important aim this month was to keep my spirits up.  January can be such a bleugh month but this year it really hasn't been too bad.

Sharon did more than her fair share at helping by taking me out for a delicious afternoon-tea-at-lunchtime.  Hard to feel depressed when there's a treat like that.

Mandy hosted her usual card making session.  I say "usual" but we never know what we will be doing until we get there!

I received three comping wins and had the pleasure of sharing them with others.  I've even been over to visit Jack this morning and he and Mrs Jack were glad to get a tin of Quality Street.  

I think I've got a bit fitter by increasing my daily step count.  I've started work on my Vision 2020 (more to come on that one), I wrote eleven blog posts, I've knitted a scarf, I've led worship on three Sundays and baptised two babies as well as conducting one funeral, Annie-the-home-enhancer and Paul-the-gardener have both been and helped me, I've been to Women's Institute and Trefoil Guild, I've been out for several meals and in between all  that the usual round of daily life has gone on. 

I've also got plans for February.  There will be workmen in doing house maintenance and improvement next week.  I've got a short break booked.  I'm going on a snowdrop walk,   I've got lunch booked with friends several times.  I'm going to a book launch.  And there will be the usual round of daily life again.

I might find time to write a few blog posts as well!

8 comments:

  1. Goodness, what a busy enjoyable month you have had

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness me you are keeping busy. The short break away sounds interesting, anywhere nice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woodhall Spa, so not very far. However, I'm treating myself to a stay at the Petwood Hotel. It would be way beyond my purse most of the year but February it has good deals and I fancy a bit of gracious living.

      Delete
  3. I am glad your Jan has been good! What is a snowstorm walk?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snowdrop, Melissa. Snowdrop. Going to a local beauty spot with loads of snowdrops. Snowstorms I stay indoors!

      Delete
  4. You have been busy. Me, well I am just happy when the sun shines and the temperature rises above -20C. I can then go out for a bit of a walk and not worry about freezing a portion of my anatomy.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep seeing news reports about weather conditions your way on and I'm just glad that I am where I am! Keep warm and look after yourself.

      Delete