Search This Blog

Monday 21 January 2019

View from the plughole

It's a very long time (thirteen days) since I wrote anything on this blog so, as it must seem as though I have gone down the plughole, I think I must report in!

Actually, the plughole is where I haven't been.  January isn't the most exciting of months but it has been OK.  I've been out for lunch SEVEN times!  I was amazed when I checked and counted.  That's included post Christmas catch-ups, a board game session and a wonderful afternoon tea.  

I've been to the Women's Institute and Trefoil Guild.

My average daily step count is the highest it's been since October 2016.  I've managed to work out a figure-of-eight course around three rooms and two tables so I can walk quite a lot indoors.  

I've conducted two Sunday services, one baptism and one funeral.  This is a lot less than I did last month but December I did too much.  I was rather over-tired.  It's hard to admit but I'm just not as young as I used to be.  

I've knitted, crocheted, sewn, made cards and generally messed around.  I've made a start on Christmas presents!  Lovely!

I've done quite a bit of pastoral visiting, written letters and emailed or phoned several people for whom I have a special concern.

And I am happy.  No January plughole for me this year!

(Update especially for Jack's followers.  He's just sent me a poem)

Mary, Mary, quite contrary
How does your garden grow?
Not with silver bells or cockle shells
But with beetroot, beans and brassica all in a row amongst the flowers.

Have a nice day.  And that includes you, Jack.

6 comments:

  1. You have been busy and that means no time to sit at the computer and write posts. Perfectly okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh, thanks, Marcia. I like your reasoning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to read that both you and Jack are doing well. The chickens are keeping me busy it is quite a hike to get to their coop three times a day. Twice for feeding and then to close them up for the night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they're obliging with the odd egg. You need energy from somewhere.

      Delete
  4. You have been busy! I like walking indoors as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel safer walking indoors. Actually I've got a treadmill in the garage and I really ought to dust it down.

      Delete