Search This Blog

Thursday 3 January 2019

Plans for January

Now to the nitty gritty of a new month - I can't plan a year but a month is a really good time frame.  Enough time to get something done but not too much time for me to get really bored with a project. 

I'd like a low-spend January but some things have to be paid.   The big spends will be annual subscriptions to two Women's Institutes and one Trefoil Guild.  The car was serviced and MOT'd in December.  Amy-the-Home-Enhancer will come twice and Pete-the-Handyman once.  I'm well stocked with food as I always stockpile a little before the winter.  If the weather is icy or snowy I just don't go out, and while I am very grateful when people will fetch me fresh food, I think I should be well prepared with everything else.

Forty five years ago I went to Nigeria to do VSO (Voluntary Service Overseas).  I was a Chartered Librarian and I went to an area which had been ravaged by the Biafran War and helped set up a School Library Service.  Each week I wrote to my parents.  My mother kept the letters and they form a diary of my doings.  I want to reread the letters and scan them so I can create a book, along with my photographs.  January is the month when I shall make a start.  

But before I do that I have to clear up Christmas decorations and put away Christmas presents.  Oh dear.  

4 comments:

  1. I have doen just that today. All is gone and it looks a bit bare.
    Your book would be fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That project sounds fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting project! Would love to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you share some excerpts of your book on here. My parents were missionaries to the Philippine Islands in the early 50s when I was little. I wish I had more memories of that.

    ReplyDelete