Search This Blog

Sunday 19 February 2017

Hello weather.

We've had real hello weather this week and I decided that the time had come for a visit to Normanby Park.  You know about hello weather, don't you?  It happens in the spring.   In the winter people are huddled down in their coats.  In the summer lovely days can get taken for granted.  On a glorious day in the spring everyone I pass says the same thing.  "Hello. isn't it a lovely day!"  And I just have to agree!


Anyway, Normanby was lovely this week.  There were a lot of grandparents on child-care duty.  Happy children were showing off their skills on their bikes to grannies and grandpas who can be relied on to admire them.  Little dogs were being taken for exciting walks and they too were greeting each other.  Snowdrops and aconites were brightening the spring although I did think these pot marigolds were a tad optimistic flowering in February.





The gardeners are still gathering wonderful winter vegetables but the land is being readied for planting in a few weeks.
February is indeed fun and I think it's just the start of a fun year!  WHOOPPEE!!!

3 comments:

  1. I think most gardeners are beginning to feel hopeful that Spring might be on the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great day out. The weather has certainly put a Spring in everyone's step.

    ReplyDelete
  3. spring is here for sure-- my crabapple tree is blooming and the ferns are coming out. We always run the risk of a freeze in March but I don't see it happening this year.

    ReplyDelete