Search This Blog

Thursday 2 February 2017

One hundred years and one week ago

My Mum was born on the 25th January 1917 so last week she would have been a hundred years old.

My parents on their Golden Wedding Anniversary in 1990
She was the second child and elder daughter of a Lincolnshire farmer and she lived all her life in this county.  She married a friend of her brother and together my Mother and Father had my sister and me.  They were married over fifty five years but the last eleven years of her life she was a widow,

She lived with me for the last two years of her life as she became wheelchair bound and she died in my arms in 2006.

That's just the bare bones of a life well lived.  Thank you, Mummy

10 comments:

  1. Bless your mom's memory. My DM would have been 99 on February 7th. So much has changed since their generation was in the world. But as you know better than I, love never grows old and never dies.

    Best wishes from Best Bun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post and what a lovely, lovely couple. That is what "happy" looks like! You are blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mother was born in 1917 and died also in 2006. What a lovely photo of your parents. Thank you for sharibg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this photo. It shows such vitality and love of life (and each other).

      Delete
  4. Such a beautiful photo, they really do look happy, you were blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like what Boyett-Brinkley wrote, "that is what happy looks like." Indeed!
    What a beautiful post

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations and best wishes! My Mom and Dad celebrate their 67th wedding anniversary on Saturday.
    Sandra at ThistleCoveFarm.com

    ReplyDelete