Search This Blog

20 July 2026

Normanby Hall and Park

It's a long time since I went to Normanby Park.  There are lots of villages in Lincolnshire which are called Normanby and this one is near Scunthorpe.  Today has been a near perfect day so my trundle truck and I paid a visit.

Normanby Hall is an elegant mansion built around 1825.  It stands in a large park with wonderful, shapely, mature trees which have ample space to show off their beauty.  

One of the best things (from my point of view) is the robust paths through some of the woodland.  It is a real treat to be able to ride my trundle truck through woods.  The paths have a hard, man-made surface which means that even if there has been rain, they can still give a wonderful opportunity to wheelchair and mobility scooter users.

This bit is for Kirsten from "Letter from home".  Recently she wrote about some cardoons which had been saved from the builders who are making alterations to her house.  I thought she might like to see the wonderful specimens being grown at Normanby.  

I will be going back to Normanby as I have bought a season ticket but I feel slightly miffed.  They don't have single person tickets, only doubles.  I feel this is another singles "tax".



5 comments:

  1. The tracks through the woodland look lovely. As do the cardoons!
    No singles tickets? How bizarre.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very. It seems illogical to me. I often have to pay extra because I do things alone. In this case they can't claim I would be depriving someone else.

      Delete
  2. Does this mean you can take a friend with you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes but I rarely want a companion on my expeditions there.

      Delete
  3. Just wanted to leave a quick note to say thank you for this fantastic article!

    ReplyDelete