I'm booked to take services every Sunday this month. This is usual for the holiday period. My friend E and her husband have a narrow boat so they are floating around on a canal somewhere. I'm not taking all her services as she sometimes does two and I prefer to do just one although I will exert myself in an emergency. I've also promised to take a midweek service. Although this is an informal service in a village hall, it takes a lot more preparation than the Sunday jobbies.
A friend has written a book so I am hoping to go to the launch.
I've got several lunches planned and will enjoy those.
I do not believe that I have shrunk with age, no matter what the ruler at the doctor's surgery says. Rather, I think the distance down to my feet has increased considerably. I have therefore decided that someone else can care for my feet for me and I have my first session booked with her. I'm rather looking forward to that.
I'm continuing to find UnFinished Objects to donate to the knitters' group stall, raising money to buy various thermal garments for homeless people. I am rather ashamed of how many I have found but I am rejoicing in getting rid of them.

I hope if your services are on really hot days they are in nice cool churches! Hope you have a good July
ReplyDeleteThat's my hope too. Even churches are hot at the moment.
DeleteA good podiatrist is worth their weight in gold. 🦶 🦶 😊
ReplyDeleteI'm hoping so.
DeletePS re your comment on Ks blog, Swedish decluttering details all in this review (they have stopped saying death cleaning & say decluttering now!) https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/uk/house-and-home/declutter-your-home/a61709711/swedish-death-cleaning/
ReplyDeleteThank you. I read that article with interest.
DeleteIt's good to be busy, knowing you will enjoy time with people, I'm very much a home bird, I should try and get out more.
ReplyDeleteI think you get out and about a lot!
DeleteI love the lettering and your joyful summery picture! Clearing up UFOs, however achieved, is always a weight off one's mind.
ReplyDeleteThank you. It was the WI Online Drawing Club picture this month.
DeleteSounds like you've a busy July planned! I hope it will be a pleasant month, weatherwise. I like the idea of donating the Projects in Progress/Unfinished Projects to raise funds for a good cause! I've several quilt tops waiting to be finished!
ReplyDeleteI'm just hoping I can resist buying someone else's UFO!
Delete
ReplyDeleteI hope the weather is kind to you in July as you take services for your friend. I too really need to start seeing a podiatrist as I am struggling to cut my toe nails safely. Catriona
I tried as long as I could but I think the time has come.
DeleteI have been so glad that some wonderful parishioner paid to have air conditioning put into our church. It has been very humid here lately.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
That was a wonderful gift!
Delete