I took a cousin out for brunch to celebrate her birthday, met up with another cousin for coffee and cake and lunched in the local ice cream parlour with a third. I like to stay close to my cousins: other than my nephew who has now moved from Bruges to the Welsh Marches, they are my closest relations.
I've had "on-line morning coffee" with various friends. One lives in Dorset and I doubt if we will ever again meet up face-to-face but these zooming jobbies are great.
I've been sorting my craft stuff to give materials to my autistic friend and Projects half Done to a sale of such items in aid of homeless people. There's still a long way to go!
I've done "emergency" dog sitting as Holly's regular staff has been in hospital.
I led worship on just one Sunday but then led two services.
Jack has been a couple of times. The garden looks good, I'm shattered.
I think I've kept a couple of ice lolly factories in business.
And while I was sorting things I found a picture of my mother and my sister, taken in June 1943. G was born May 1943. Being so untidy, I sometimes stumble across such things.


What a lovely drawing and photo. Glad you have enjoyed June-it was just a bit too hot for me. Catriona
ReplyDeleteIt was much too hot for me!
DeleteSounds like you had a very good month in June and made the best of the weather. How lovely to find that photo of your mother and sister!
ReplyDeleteI was glad to find it.
DeleteI have a couple off boxes of photographs to go through from my father's flat - I think most of them from a very long time ago and undated, unlabelled. But there will be some gems... like that lovely one of your sister and mother. How slim she is only a month after the birth! But, 1943, there was still rationing. Could it have been a christening photograph?
ReplyDeleteJune was h o t!
I hadn't thought about it being a christening photo, but I think you could be right.
Delete