Search This Blog

Friday 1 December 2023

Advent

 I've forgotten how long I've had this Advent stable but it has to be the best part of twenty years!  I think I paid around £60 which seemed a very lot at the time but I think it was a good buy.  (Lakeland still have something similar but they're now around £100!)

Advent doesn't really start until Sunday (which is the fourth Sunday before Christmas) but, like most Advent calendars, mine starts today.  Each door has a figure hidden behind it and the last twelve are on the other side.  Today I found a shepherd who seems to have lost his sheep and is perhaps seeking divine inspiration as to how to find it..  

Check https://www.facebook.com/noradsanta/videos/1439800143293259 for Norad tracks Santa with the help of Rudolph's nose and heat seeking sensors on satellites 22.600 miles above the earth.  

7 comments:

  1. That is beautiful, simple and very Christmassy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this advent stable! I am going to look for something similar locally. We are still doing Advent lessons here with the Bean even though she is now officially a teenager! Teenagers still need Advent, don’t they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very cute advent calendar. I opened the first window of mine had enjoyed a very nice cup of tea with the tea bag there. It was a roobos (sp?) with other flavors. Caffeine free so I had a second cup later with Scottish Breakfast blend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every year I’m on the lookout for an advent calendar/ nativity and every year I see yours, visit the Lakeland site and then do the calculations into NZ dollars. That’s a big No then🙂. So I do my nativity scene vicariously through yours. Thank you so much. Margaret (New Zealand)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always look forward to you Advent calendar.

    Hope the shepherd finds his sheep before Christmas.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete