Search This Blog

Monday 25 December 2023

A Quiet Christmas

Over the years I have had noisy Christmases, sad Christmases, busy Christmases.  These days my Christmas of choice is very quiet.  I get lots of invitations to go out but I prefer to spend it alone, just me.  


The only exception I make is to go to church.  The last few years (apart from the 2020 lockdown) I have gone to this delightful church at Market Rasen to celebrate Holy Communion and give thanks that the Word became flesh and dwelt among us and we beheld his glory, full of grace and truth.

 It's also a thanksgiving for all my family Christmases over many years as it means that their regular vicar can have some precious time with her children on Christmas Day.

 

May your Christmas be blessed. 

 


8 comments:

  1. Our wonderful Vicar, only in post since June, has a really bad dose of covid. But others have stepped up to conduct services for her. She said she felt bad about being absent - but I pointed out it was probably one of her flock who infected her! Remembering all my clergy friends today - in post, in retirement or whatever. Conscious of the demands of this season, and praying that there will be time for peace and reflection, joy and celebration. Bless you dear friend 😊❤️🙏🎄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My reply has disappeared! I was thinking about you and Bob among the clergy I prayed for at this morning's service. I hioe you have had a peaceful and blessed day.

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your Christmas Day, it sounds rather lovely to me. This morning we have been given the wonderful news that Jonathan and MingMing (in Shanghai) are expecting a baby in the summer. They have had some very difficult and disappointing times in the last few years so we are delighted for them. I feel a really strong need to ask whether you would add them to your prayer list. Many apologies for asking this of you. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're now on my list. Always a privilege to be in the presence of God with the names of his beloved children on my heart and lips.

      Delete
    2. Thank you, I know the power of prayer.

      Delete
  3. A good Christmas should be exactly what you want, we are all very different.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like the perfect Christmas for this stage of your life. What a special gift for the vicar you substituted for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Happy and Healthy and Blessed 2024 xxx

    ReplyDelete