Search This Blog

Saturday 20 August 2022

Sorry about this one

 I know many people are allergic to any mention of C*******s before mid-November by the very earliest, but if you make your own cards and presents you will know that not starting before November means not starting at all.

My first job is always making cards.  I make around 100 each year, most of them the same.  I also address the envelopes but leave the card writing until November.  I've gone back to writing envelopes by hand as I found seeing endless address labels as I opened cards last year made everything feel a bit impersonal.  


So here's a batch of this year's effort.  

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you. There is detail which isn't clear but some of my readers will get one so I didn't want to show too much.

      Delete
  2. And that is a word of hope we need right now, not just at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And how! I designed my card because I wanted to use that word.

      Delete
  3. You are well ahead! Very attractive cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to get these sort of things done in good time so that, when the time comes, I can really give my mind to the reason for the season.

      Delete
  4. Handmade cards are such a beautiful gift of thought. The sentiment on your batch this year is greatly needed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully done and I too have started my Christmas makes. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the Christmas paper and some new stamps but have not started the cards yet. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can never be too early!! It takes me such a long time to write my cards I start at the end of October.. yours are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Cards! Rather wise to get it done early rather than a mad dash as the end!

    ReplyDelete