Search This Blog

Thursday 3 March 2022

Happy birthday, Jack!

Jack in the scarf and hats (Lincoln City!) that I knitted for him for Christmas.

 I'm not allowed to tell you how old he is, but if you look back to this post  of a year ago and do the maths you may be able to work it out. He came last week and left this post with me so he's been very disgruntled that I hadn't put it on the blog for him but I always planned to do it today.  Sneaky or what!

Hi, everyone!

Today it is with great anticipation, trepidation and gratification (that's a lot of "ations") that I am visiting my friend the vicar.  It's my first visit since before Christmas and I've been informed that there's a list of jobs waiting for me.  

Since my last visit I have become another thing for the vicar: not only am a horticultural enhancer (that's her posh word for a gardener) but also her personal shopper.  Before I even arrived at her house today she had already texted me a list of things to pick up from Lidl on my way.  One of the her best talents is for writing lists.  

Also today (just for a change) I've got gifts for her.  If she's good I will maybe buy her a bunch of flowers while I'm at the supermarket.  If she's being good there won't be anything untoward in the lovely soup she gives me at dinnertime (or lunch if you are posher than me!). 

Well, I hope you're all keeping clear of covid.  Unfortunately, I succumbed to it.  I isolated for ten days.  My poor little dog wondered what was going on.  No walkies!.  Luckily the vicar and I ring each other every morning and the banter between us is great.  I look forward to those twenty minutes or so and I hope the vicar does as well.  She gets immense pleasure telling me she's done one or two walks before me.  Another bone of contention is that she's always giving me stick about my hair or lack of it but don't worry, I'll get my own back before too long, you mark my words.

I hope you haven't suffered because of the weather (storms and floods and all that.  My heart goes out to all those people who suffered losses to life and property.

Well, take care of yourselves.  Keep smiling (and I know this is a bit late) but Happy New Year wherever you are.

God bless. Jack

9 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to him. He is quite a good helper for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous scarf and hat, and Happy Birthday Jack. You have a wicked sense of humor (that is a compliment) and I enjoy your posts here on the vicar's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Jack. I love your smile and sense of humor. Hopefully there was no surprise in the soup.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jack has read the comments and has asked me to thank you. He had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best wishes for a very happy birthday Jack.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated birthday Jack - just catching up with blogs after a busy week. Sorry to hear that you caught Covid but you seem to have recovered well so that is good news! Soon you'll be able to start gardening and I'll look forward to hearing all about that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a joy to catch up with you Jack.

    ReplyDelete