Search This Blog

Sunday 30 May 2021

This one's for Jack

 Jack is back in full force this year.  The garden is about to look magnificent and it looks pretty good now.

What I like best about my garden is the food we grow.  Here's a few of this year's crops.


These brassicas have been growing quite a while and will soon be ready to be munched.  




The potatoes are grown in pots so that I can harvest them when Jack isn't here.  They've really appreciated the wet weather we've been having.  We've grown Charlotte, Javelin, Maris Bard and Maris Peer. 


Tomatoes are also grown in pots.  Some are upright and some trailing.  My cousin gives me a huge variety and he doesn't know when to stop!  This group is a tiny part of this year's planting.



Most of the vegetables are grown in this raised bed.  We've got carrots beetroot, salad leaves, radishes, courgettes, beetroot, lettuce, and cucumber and probably quite a few more!


Herbs are grown in pots between the clematis and the back door so that they are handy for cooking.  It's also a handy place to leave the mop to dry!

Jack is definitely back!  My garden will be truly magnificent in a few weeks and it looks pretty good now.  We tease and bait each other but I am truly grateful for all that he does for me.  

Thanks, Jack

8 comments:

  1. My goodness, what a prolific garden you have. Your raised bed looks full of good things. I hope there arent any rabbits nearby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No rabbits! I have to be vigilant for insect pests of course and I'm casting my evil eye on the local pheasant. WE had a deer visiting the street in the first lockdown but it seems to have left us again.

      Delete
  2. Wow! Your garden looks wonderful - and full of lovely produce! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really looking forward to the summer, as you can imagine.

      Delete
  3. What a bountiful garden. Jack sure has a green thumb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has. My garden is very small but we cram a lot in.

      Delete
  4. He's a good man to have around!

    ReplyDelete