Search This Blog

Wednesday 24 March 2021

Moaning

Hi Everyone, Jack here.

Today I'd like to thank all who sent me birthday wishes.  Thank you!

When I last wrote I was very concerned about my vicar friend getting out of hand.  Many thanks for your suggestions but unfortunately they didn't work.  I told the vicar a few weeks back that I was having a haircut.  Back came the response, "You'd better take Sherlock Holmes with you to help the hairdresser find some hair to cut."  I know I'm going a bit thin on top but that nearly reduced me to tears but don't worry, revenge will be swift when she's not expecting it.  It will soon be planting time so I'm going to mix all her seeds together and hope for the best.  No, you all know me better than that - I wouldn't do such a thing.  

Today I'm visiting the vicar, and to show you all I don't bear grudges, I'm taking with me some porridge, a packet of stuffing, a movable notice board she's asked me to make for when she has a garden party, a tub of butter (which I know she loves), a dogwood (red stemmed shrub) and last but by no means least MYSELF.  All I get I return is aggro about my receding hair line.  Not once in all the 25 years I've known her have I ever said anything detrimental about her.

Oh, and by the way, last week I was just 86 steps short of 50,000 so I've called off the re-match as it wouldn't be fair on the vicar.

Mind you, she's knitted me two bobble hats in my favourite football team's colours.  She's not so bad after all.

Stay well clear of the virus.  Keep smiling.  Jack.

2 comments:

  1. Belated greetings on your birthday, Jack. I hope it was a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jack. You could do what our oldest son does and shave your head. Just a suggestion as that is what he did when his hair got thin on top. I think you would be quite dashing.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete