Search This Blog

Friday 5 February 2021

Hi, Everyone!

 

Jack here!

I hope you’re all keeping clear of the corona virus.  
Well, I don’t know where to start!  First a big thank you for all the get well messages. It’s such a nice feeling to know that people all over the world are thinking of me.  Maybe we will meet up some time!  Maybe not in this life but somewhere else when I hope I can seek you out personally and thank you for your kind words.

I’m sorry to have to say this (because you all think my friend, the vicar is sweet and angelic) but she’s been getting out of hand recently.  She’s become competitive and outspoken and it just won’t do!  We each have one of those step counters and she takes great delight in telling me she’s done more steps than me most days.  That’s fair enough, but on the odd occasion I do more than her she stays up and walks around the house until she gets more than me!  What a poor loser she is!  I said couldn’t she just once accept defeat gracefully and let an old man (me) have a little pleasure now and again?  After all, I’m 78 and in the last quarter of my life on this planet.  I’ve told her I’m going to live to 103 years, 2 months and 3 days.  I’m living for two since my wife passed away.  But no, she has to win and to top it she rewards herself with chocolate.  The vicar has one of those Alexa things and it even reminds her to order chocolate.  Technology’s gone made these days.

I have two females in my life and both of them get an enormous amount of pleasure waking me and making me get out of bed in the morning.  One’s a human – I think!  That’s the vicar (she phones early).  The other is my little dog.

The other morning I asked the vicar if we could observe a minute’s silence which we did, but asked why?  I told her I’d just finished my 5th loo roll since the pandemic began.  Also, this year the vicar is keeping count of how many baths I have.  I allow myself 28 baths a year.  With the vicar’s help I’m doing quite well.  She suggested that if I had one on New Year’s Eve I could count it as both 2020 and 2021.  What a clever girl she is!  But I couldn’t manage without our phone calls each morning.  She’s pulled me through some rough times.  Thank you, Vicar!

 If things don’t improve step-wise with the vicar, I could do with some suggestions of how to sort her out.  I can’t let her have the upper hand all the time: she’s becoming uncontrollable.

I hope this post has brought a smile to you all as brining a smile does my heart good.  Please take care of yourselves and don’t take risks.  If the vicar lets me, I shall post again soon.

 Your friend

Jack

6 comments:

  1. Nice to see you up and about Jack. You need to tease the Vicar by not telling her how many steps you have done until it is well past time for her to get the requisite steps in to beat you.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to know that you are doing so well - hopefully the shingles are gone and you will be able to get your vaccine soon! I have a bit of a "steps" competition with a friend - and yes, she too has been known to walk around her apt. at midnight to ensure she his a higher target than me! :-)

    How wonderful that you have little dog to keep you company - and to keep you busy. Dogs around here have been getting lots of exercise this past year!

    Take care of yourself Jack - I look forward to reading about your adventures in the Vicar's garden once it starts to warm up a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to read about your endeavors, Jack and that your health is doing well. I think that step competition is good for both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jack, yes you have made me smile. I love that you and Mary keep each other going with your banter. Take care and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your stories of you and the vicar bring me smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are well! I don’t know what to suggest about getting Mary in line. Sometimes girls are just like that and sometimes it is just easier to go with the flow! However, in this case, a little competition is probably going a long way to keeping you both healthy! Stay well and hope to hear from you soon!

    ReplyDelete