Search This Blog

Thursday 5 November 2020

Special time

 I can't begin to imagine how life is feeling in America at the moment.  It sounds frightening and, like many Brits, I'm praying for you.

In England, (it varies through the UK),  we are having a different kind of tough time at the moment as we enter a second lockdown.  Right at the beginning of the first lock down I sat down with a large coffee and a little something and I decided that I would regard it as a gift time and, for the most part, I carried that intention through. 

 It's been even harder to make that resolution the second time.  I know I'm in for a lonely few weeks.  (There's no-one I can bubble with.)  This time around I won't be able to sit in my garden so much.  There's no sense of novelty.  

On the other hand I've been here before and I have some strategies.  I've sorted quite a bit in my house so it's even nicer to be in.  I'm into a routine of telephone calls on a regular basis.  

So, once again this will be gift time - in fact this time, it will partly be a time for making gifts!  It will be a time for reflecting on all the good things I have been given - not just material things but love, determination, and inspiration (thanks Tracing Rainbows for reminding me of that one).   

Jack came on Tuesday and he won't be here again until after lockdown but he left me a little encouragement.  I've had these  storage drawer quite a long time but there were only two wheels on this particular wagon and I'd lost the other two.  Jack made a wheeled platform and fixed the drawers on so I can do some organising and decluttering,  

And as further inspiration he says that if I don't use it for that I could use the platform as a skate board.

Amazing ideas he has, does Jack!

11 comments:

  1. If you ever want to break up your days, I was thinking it could be kind of fun to try and create skype or zoom calls between bloggers. I think we are headed into a lot of angst right now-people that want votes counted only if they favor Trump, but suppress the rest and it is not going to end well in parts of the country's where violent folks decide they do not need to accept the process. Hopefully the winter will be les harsh and if you bundle up, you could maybe have a few visitors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another lockdown is hard, but I think it's necessary.
    What good ideas Jack has, I can fondly imagine you skating happily around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's good like that! Yes, think another lockdown is necessary.

      Delete
  3. What a clever idea and Also useful if you need to slide under a car to do repairs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd never thought of that, Sue. I'll mention it to Jack.

      Delete
  4. How clever of Jack, so useful. Thankfully Scotland isnt in lockdown yet but I am sure it will follow shortly. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jack is SO helpful, isn't he! Look after yourselves up there.

      Delete
  5. Jack has wonderful ideas. He is a blessing to you and I know you will miss him over this lockdown.

    Living as close as I do to the United States and having the really close ties that our countries do, this election is very scary for us in Canada as well. We have our pro Trump supporters that are trumpeting that the vote should be halted in certain states and continue in other states. They also echo the illegal voting phrase as well. Getting a bit scary here as well.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jack is a clever and helpful guy. Here in the states it seems we are yo yo-ing, pandemic restrictions tightening and loosening back and forth. I am very concerned that large numbers of ballots were mailed out and illegally cast for Biden, which affect the election results.

    ReplyDelete