Search This Blog

Wednesday 12 February 2020

Random acts of kindness

I regret to say that once again I am not having a good week.  Sorry to burden you with this but that's how it is.

Once again I have electrical problems which are probably something to do with last  Sunday's storm.  I won't bother you with the details but suffice it to say that I've parked the freezer in the middle of the kitchen because I am so fed up with moving it to a working socket and putting it back every time there's a problem.  Yet another electrician is booked.  (Someone has already been to make sure all is safe but the on going problem has to be resolved.)


My other problem started well before the storm.  My broadband connection drops out repeatedly.  This means that I can't get my subscription channels on TV.   (I can still get Freeview)


But I've called this post Random Acts of Kindness.  I think that's one of the loveliest phrases to enter our language in recent years.  (Another is "paying it forward" - much better than feeling we need to pay back.)  Yesterday I was on the receiving end of such an act of kindness.  As you can see these mini daffs aren't quite out yet so I will continue to enjoy them for a while to come and then they will be planted in my garden. So much joy!

12 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear you are still having problems, I hope the new electrician gets it fixed properly for you. Just a thought about the intermittent connection - is this something which happens when the wind is blowing (most of the time right now) and does it come to you via your telephone line? If so, it is possible that the wire is getting snagged by branches. We have had to call BT out several times over the years.

    Most of all - chin up, you are stronger than you think. Enjoy those daffodils!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elaine. Our cables are underground and this has been going on for a while. The electrical problems now seem to be associated with some faulty guttering which is worrying.

      Delete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear again about your electrical problems, it must be very upsetting for you. I hope you can get it fixed permanently.. and very annoying about your internet especially as you're paying even when it doesn't work. But you've been blessed by someone who sent you the daffodils, God is good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with Sky and most of the Sky subscribers in the village were without TV for several hours due to the very LOUD thunderclap right overhead. An engineer had to come out to fix something in 'the box' which housed all the local connections. It's surprising how much you miss the use of a laptop when it is out of commission.
    Goodness knows how you managed to manhandle your freezer from one plug to another - hopefully the engineer will put everything right for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shifting the freezer is a pain as I have to empty it before I can move it so I have to work quickly.

      Delete
  4. I love the pay it forward state of mind. I wish everyone subscribed to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm going to start using the phrase more when I give something. I love the idea of being part of a chain of kindness.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like you need a through check.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the phrase you used 'paying it forward' certainly one to remember. Sorry to read you are struggling with your electrics hopefully you will get that sorted out soon. It sounds like a pain in the backside moving the freezer about.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear, I am sorry for your continuing broadband and electrical problems.

    The daffs are lovely.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those daffs will warm your heart whenever you look at them and I hope your broadband and electrical problems get sorted out quickly.

    ReplyDelete