Search This Blog

Friday 6 December 2019

Further into Advent

Advent continues to unfold its lovely self in this lovely community.


I've been to see the Living Advent Calendar most nights and am amazed at the variety of windows.  Some look great but don't photograph well but I was very impressed by this one for 4th December.  It was also our monthly Street-Food Market at a nearby park at the same time so as well as the mince pies and mulled wine I had a Dutch sausage thingy that night! I bought the sausage wotsit-thingy, but the mulled wine and mince pies were courtesy of the householder who had done the light display.  That same generosity has been shown most nights.  (The street-food market is a semi commercial venture.)

Last night I missed the window lights because I went to our Women's Institute Christmas Dinner.   Santa couldn't come this year but he sent his Missus!


So far I haven't put up my lights.  When I was a child they didn't go up until Christmas Eve or maybe 23rd December but as I get older I'm putting them up a little earlier.  Maybe next week.

However, my Advent stable continues to reveal its secrets.  So far a star, an angel, a herdsman, a cow, a sheep and a goat have appeared.  

2 comments:

  1. I think that the daily Living Advent Calendar is a wonderful idea. I am so glad that you are getting to enjoy it.

    Your Advent stable is lovely.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your ADvent stable- so pretty! What a nice idea the living nativity is!

    ReplyDelete