Search This Blog

Tuesday 29 October 2019

57 days

You know what I'm talking about!

And, like it or not, the high street is gearing itself up.  I went to our local garden centre last week and as usual found that I could buy Christmas there.  They sell trees, decorations, food, gifts and anything else you could possible need.


I think many people will, by now, have quietly started their preparations.  Maybe a fruit cake has been made.  Or a pair of socks knitted.  Or special meals planned.  Or even the odd parcel lovingly wrapped and hidden away.  


Most of the blogs I read are written by people who are not content to buy Christmas.  The love which is in our hearts is funelled through our fingers as much as our purses.  We bake, sew, knit, crochet, craft out of love for our families and friends.

One of the first things I make is Christmas cards.  I have a new design each year but I make about a hundred, all the same. Yesterday I finished making the cards.  All I need to do now is write in them!

8 comments:

  1. Your cards are lovely in their simplicity...but I imaine it has taken you a long time to make them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did. However, I design my cards in such a way that I can prepare the various elements in advance and then just spend a day assembling them.

      Delete
  2. I recognize the stamp set you used for your cards. I have that one too! And yes I have made oodles of cards and purchased some gifts already for granddaughters and daughters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cards are gorgeous!!!! I love what you said about other bloggers. That is so beautifully put.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty cards.

    I love making things for my family and you put that so beautifully. Thank you.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete