Search This Blog

Thursday 30 August 2018

Carvings

I had to leave my car at the garage at Market Rasen yesterday and while it was being attended to the trundle truck and I went exploring.

Market Rasen is a small market town a few miles from Caistor, perhaps best known for its racecourse but yesterday I wasn't interested in the geegees.  I was interested in the town.  Especially interested in the wood carvings.
I've shown you the Fat Controller before.  He lives at the railway station, of course. 




Not far away is a children's play-park with its very own owl.

And hiding in the tree beneath the owl is an owlet.


Close by is a wheatsheaf
and a pod of peas


And to complete the scene is a butterfly, a millipede and friends.

6 comments:

  1. those are really cool! I love it when people take something that could just thrown away and make art out of it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took my cousin's children to play in that park a few years ago. Nice carvings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder who has made those interesting carvings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them and hope they escape the attentions of those who would destroy. A nearby playpark has been vandalised several times and is now merely a meeting place for local youths who admire the noise of their car engines and exhausts in the car park.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh - and I hope all is well with your car!

      Delete
  5. Someone has carving talent.

    ReplyDelete