Search This Blog

Tuesday 31 July 2018

July



I won’t remember July 2018 for what I did but I will remember it for how hot it  has been.  On several days all I have been able to do is sit! 


 My garden is looking good.  I’ve got a flourishing bed of brassicas and courgettes and lots of vegetables mixed in the flower beds.  Jack will not approve of that!  Tough.

 I’ve led worship each Sunday, visiting Claxby, Normanby, North Willingham, Croxby and Thornton le Moor.  None of these is a village which many people visit (and a couple are very well hidden) and I have the privilege of being warmly welcomed each Sunday. 

I’ve met up with various cousins for coffee or lunch or just for a natter.  And I’ve met up with three friends whom I haven’t seen for ages.

I’ve made cards and I’ve done some knitting, not a lot of knitting as I’ve just been too hot. 



I've had comping wins of a skin care voucher (which I haven't spent yet) and a bumper box of snacks (which hasn't arrived yet)!

Nothing dramatic, not earth shaking, but deeply satisfying.




Truly a joyful July

8 comments:

  1. Lots of lovely elements which add up to a rather nice month, despite your problems with the heat. It is good to know that these small churches are still loved and used. I don't know about you, but I always look forward to the first few courgettes and then suddenly the plants are growing them faster than I can harvest them. I found yet another marrow-sized one this morning, I'm sure it wasn't there before. Well done on the competition wins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where do they come from? I've had a couple which seem to have designs on world domination!

      Delete
  2. i must admit my life at the moment is quite dull but satisfying . sitting helping Mr with his fishing , doing a bit of stitching and reading a few good books , that and the endless domestic drudgery that i will never find pleasure in ..lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are times when dull but satisfying is WONDERFUL!

      Delete
  3. What are comping wins?
    I don't know if I should assess my July - two weeks taken up with recovering from surgery puts a damper on accomplishments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, Marcia, comping is entering competitions. I enter a lot of competitions and have quite a few wins.

      I hope the recovery is going well.

      Delete
  4. We had a really hot spell here as well. It's gotten much better lately though.

    Your July sounds absolutely wonderful! I imagine that August will be just as fulfilling :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm hoping it will be fantastic! It's a jam month for me (see http://trundlingthroughlife.blogspot.com/2018/05/the-rule-is-jam-to-morrow-and-jam.html)

    ReplyDelete