Search This Blog

Sunday 8 October 2017

A Quick Update

One "thing" is conspicuous by his absence from my Blog.  The mighty Jack.

I am missing Jack's help very much.  I have been very lucky and have found someone to help me with the garden and some DIY but Jack and I have been friends for many, many years and despite what he tells you about what a dictatorial bully I am, I let him do (more or less) what he likes in the garden.  The front garden is referred to as Jack's garden!!

However, I am not missing Jack's friendship for the simple reason that I have visited the great man every few weeks.  I went this week and I can promise you that he is as cheeky as ever.  He is waiting for knee surgery but is still the same old Jack.  He and Mrs Jack now have a Shih tzu called Millie who is keeping both of them on their toes.  His own garden looks immaculate and Mrs Jack keeps him in order as well.  They enjoy their caravan at Mablethorpe and they have a son and a daughter as well as three grandchildren to keep them busy.

In his absence I have planted three hebes in "his" garden.  He loathes hebes but I didn't know that until I had planted them.  However, he now has a very definite reason to come back and get me back in order.  

I know he will read this so - "Look after yourself, Jack.  The garden and the blog are both missing you".  

3 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better soon Jack, such a lovely place to have a caravan Mablethorpe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post - glad to hear that he and his family are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to hear about Jack - but please don't let him talk you out of the Hebes; I have Hebes 'Autumn Glory' which has deep purple flowers from July to late autumn - and is a favourite with the bees and butterflies.

    ReplyDelete