Search This Blog

Thursday 13 August 2015

Update

I really couldn't stay as pathetic as that for very long!  I had to do something about it!

After I had a sleep my first decision was that I could make tomorrow less boring.  First I put in an hour with the iron so tomorrow I will wake knowing I haven't got that to do and I will have a wider range of clothes to choose from.  There's a certain satisfaction to be gained from seeing a shrinking heap of crumpled clothes and a growing pile of freshly ironed beauties.

The second decision was that I deserve a treat but I didn't want to spend any money.  Simple - I put lovely fresh sheets on my bed.  I won't be having a Sabbath this week but no need to deny myself that little pleasure.


The third decision was to enjoy what I've got so I've just been out into the garden and it brings such pleasure.  I shall probably pop out again later and fetch in some sweet peas.

I still feel a bit bored but I no longer feel pathetic.  And maybe I'll go out tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. Crisp new sheets on a bed....wonderful, a real boost. And a gorgeous garden as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The garden really does look lovely - so colourful. Ironing...oh, I hate it! I am ashamed to admit just what a pile I have which has been steadily building.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best things are the simple things, crisp fresh sheets and a beautiful garden. Glad to hear you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe, great post. Your garden is truly enjoyable! I'm so glad you're able to get out there and feel a bit refreshed and refilled by all the beauty.

    ReplyDelete