Search This Blog

Tuesday 20 February 2018

Kindness

It was a mistake!  Never again!  Never again will I call a post February Fitness.

February was OK for a few days and then it was downhill.  I'm fairly sure that it is "only" a cold but it has knocked me for six.  I can't remember one like it.   When I'm feeling ill I don't like other people so I've spent a week in bed.   Ten days into the cold I still feel really ill.

And that's when I rely on the kindness of others.  I'm never able to drink coffee when I'm ill so I've needed a constant stream of orange juice but my dear friend Claire has kept me supplied.  She also offered bed changing and laundry but I have a big enough supply of bed-linen.  

I live alone.  I am disabled.  I am getting older.  I have frequent need of the kindness of others.  And I am rarely disappointed.


10 comments:

  1. Wishing you a speedy recovery. It is heartwarming to know that you are not alone. I pray for more Claire's in the World so people are never alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to go to the doctor Mary. It could be more than a cold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw the nurse practitioner this morning and she says I'll live. Orange juice and paracetemol which suits me fine.

      Delete
  3. I do sympathize - I think I have the same thing - since the start of the month! With me it was apple juice, and yes, I was lucky enough to have friends who kept me supplied. I am also getting older, I live alone, and I have mobility issues so it does make you think. Rest and lots of fluids seems to be the way to go so take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do hope you get better soon. I'll gladly send you some of our hot summer weather:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to read that you've joined the 'Lurgy Club' which seems to be everywhere and hits at random. Thank goodness for the Claires of this world who offer support in a crisis - but I hope you soon feel better and are able to manage yourself. But this horrible Lurgy seems to leave people feeling exhausted for ages afterwards, so do be warned. Take things easy and be kind to yourself. WE are due some sunny days, apparently, so that should lift the spirits even if only felt through the windows! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Having had something similar to flu myself last week, I know how you felt, and I hope you're much better now. How lovely that your friend Claire was there to help and look after you. I had my very lovely husband, who made me hot lemon and honey and got the paracetamol out of those pesky tough backed blister packs.. too hard for me with only one working arm.
    I trust you're resting to get fully fit, can't let that fitbit get the better of you and as you said use it or lose it!
    God is good!
    Blessings, take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sympathise, my cold and cough is only a few days in. DH has had his for a couple of months.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's definitely worrying how long this lurgy is hanging around! I'm trying to think of this is as a mild illness but an "dress rehearsal" in case I'm really ill. Friends are a most important part of my self-care plan.

    ReplyDelete
  9. And thank you for all your good wishes.

    ReplyDelete