There are so many decisions to be made in retirement. So many.
Do I need to get dressed yet?
What shall I have for breakfast?
Do I really need to empty the dishwasher?
Should I phone Anne? or Laura? or Jill?
Would coffee be better indoors or in the garden?
Which shoes would be best today?
Yesterday Ang wrote about procrastiknitting (having too many things to do so you knit instead). I offer procaffeinating (needing innumerable cups of coffee before any decisions can be made).
Maulifuff season is on the way!
(Maulifuff is an old Scottish word for a woman devoid of energy, who would happily do nothing for hours on end. Clicking on Maulifuff on the side bar will give you more examples.)

I need a word for "finding a tray with a teapot full of cold tea, mugs and milk jug, which I made an hour ago, left to brew, then forgot because I was so busy?!"
ReplyDeleteI'' meditate on that one.
DeleteThis post is for me, I'm having a maulifuff few weeks.
ReplyDeleteYou are definitely allowed a maulifuff time.
DeleteMy excuse for maulifuffing is it is too hot to do anything! It was 100F earlier in the week and 99F yesterday.
ReplyDeleteThat is definitely an excuse that I can make!
Delete