But I have managed to do a few things. I had planned days out at nature reserves and National Trust properties but couldn't risk the heat. The best thing has been restarting swimming - we had to stop when oil prices meant the pool couldn't be heated and somehow we hadn't restarted but we have now - I've swum four times during August.
I've bought a new Trundle Truck. This is a folding jobby which I will be able to take on some public transport, including trains. I'm keeping the old one too as that is more robust and better suited to nipping around Caistor.
I've met with friends for coffee or lunch on eight occasions. I'm definitely a lady wot lunches!
I went to a barbecue to celebrate the marriage of D & S. I babysat D's brothers the night he was born over thirty eight years ago. He was very ill and needed urgent surgery as soon as he was born so this was an occasion of real joy.
And I am again in demand to lead worship each Sunday. It's the third time I have covered when this particular group has been without a regular vicar and I really queried if they wouldn't prefer a different priest rather than an old crock like me. They are lovely: someone comes to help me carry my gear from the car and they put several chairs in strategic places so I can sit down when I want to. In several churches they put a table so that I don't need to go up and down steps to the usual altar. Preaching still brings me deep joy and I thank God for the care, appreciation and generosity of these lovely congregations.

A very busy month!
ReplyDeleteStill hot here and the garden is now very dry and sorry looking. Enjoy your new trundle truck-we noticed a few people use them when motorhoming as they seem to be easily folded. Catriona.
ReplyDelete