Search This Blog

Wednesday 10 May 2023

The celebrations continue

 

Our Federation Choir came to sing to our Women's Institute today to help us celebrate the coronation.  It was great to join in with Jerusalem for starters and then to listen to The Women's Singstitute  singing around the British Isles with such oldies as  The Skye Boat Song, They're Changing Guard at Buckingham Palace and Ferry Cross the Mersey. Best of all they sang our county song, The Lincolnshire Poacher.  




Afternoon Tea (at lunch time!) was followed by a celebration cake.  And a VIP to cut it.





And to put the icing on my personal cake, I won the competition with my replica anointing spoon.  

It would appear that the link to my post about the anointing spoon may not be working.  You can find it at https://trundlingthroughlife.blogspot.com/2023/05/coronation-1953.html

9 comments:

  1. What a lovely occasion! I do like to hear the old traditional so,gs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful to hear traditional songs. Congrats on winning the competition.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the red and white outfits, they are very festive, and congratulations on your win.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How amazing that for so many generations the royal family and traditions have remained.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That choir performance sounds wonderful. I adore traditional folk songs (I make my children at school learn them in Singing Assembly and we learnt Skye Boat song last year...among others! Well done for your spoon!

    ReplyDelete