Search This Blog

Monday 2 January 2023

Life's little pleasures: coffee

 In several years I have written January posts about life's little pleasures and I want to do that again this year.  

At the moment I am enjoying two small pleasures which I enjoy almost every day - a cup of coffee and some thinking time.

I sometimes kid myself that the first coffee of the day is essential but I know I am kidding myself.  All I need is a drink of water, but I am able to have a rich, freshly-made cup of black coffee.  Many people can't afford the coffee or don't have time to make it or enjoy it.

I have three cups spaced through most mornings but it's that first cuppa which is the most special.  There's something comforting about the smell, the warmth, the taste which sets me up for the day.  I can sit and ruminate, plan the day. remember yesterday and just let my mind wander as I sip my brew.  

It's good to start my day with an attitude of gratitude.  

7 comments:

  1. I drink fresh made black coffee, it's not cheap, but I rather give up other things and enjoy my coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know a coffee fanatic. I do need that first cup - I promise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Attitude of gratitude — I like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never did get into drinking coffee. I'm a tea drinker. Lately the coffee that Dan brews in the morning smells terrible to me. Each to their own.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Waking to the smell of coffee was part of my youth. Now I start each day with my cup of coffee and think of Mom & Dad at the kitchen table. So blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coffee in the early morning, with only me up is my little pleasure as well.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Coffee, such a nice drink. I gave up coffee a year and a half ago and recently phased it back in, and have a cup a day. It tastes doubly good after doing without, I have either a decaff or a halfcaff coffee. I gave up coffee for health reasons but find the culprit was likely the caffeine in it. Enjoy your cuppa.

    ReplyDelete