Search This Blog

Thursday 2 June 2022

Liz Rules, OK

 Jubilee Day here in the UK when the nation celebrates the seventy years of Elizabeth II's reign.  The celebrations will last four days.  Today I watched Trooping the Colour for the Queen's (Official) Birthday.  She's had one hundred and sixty six birthdays!!

We went outside for our weekly neighbourhood nattering and sorted the details for a small street party on Sunday after Caistor's Picnic in the Park, part of The Big Jubilee Lunch.

This afternoon I went to our Market Square to hear The Jubilee Proclamation read by our Town Crier and his assistant.  He stood next to the pump installed in honour Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee.  (Victoria reigned only sixty three years.) The Proclamation was met with a shout of "God Save The Queen" from the crowd.



Tonight beacons will be lit all across the country.   I'm not sure I can make it to Caistor's beacon but I have hung my own tribute on the garden fence.  

Thank you for all you have done for us, Ma'am

7 comments:

  1. It's interesting to see and read of the happenings from afar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you getting into the spirit of the celebration. Great fence sign.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been watching on the TV and am looking forward to the photos which will no doubt come in the magazines. My Mother and I are both ardent Royalists - indeed she named me after Princess Margaret(!!) So pleased you could get out and join in local festivities.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I didn’t tick the box to give my name for my comment above.. Dratted Blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! We didn’t get to see much of anything here — I think I will have to catch up on you tube!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you are OK. Not heard from you on your blog for a while, so I thought I'd check in on you.

    ReplyDelete