Search This Blog

Wednesday 4 August 2021

So, what happened?

 Jack came yesterday.  He'd read my blog and so had warning that I'd gone rogue and put some hanging baskets in the garden.  So, what did he do?

The first job was to fix a new hosepipe for me.  The old one had split on Sunday, drenching me.  New hose installed and tested.


My little fountain hasn't worked for a few years but I'd bought a new solar pump so he set that up for me.  It's only tiny but I like the tinkling sound it makes.

The veg patch needed a major clear out ready for winter planting.  That got done.  He brought in cabbages, potatoes and onions but there are still chard, carrots, beetroot etc out there.



He's made me a garden table so that was set up and used.

But the really important question is, what about the hanging baskets?

They were allowed to stay.  So I fed him home made soup with home made bread.  I think he went home happy so we can all breathe again. 


 Phew!

12 comments:

  1. He couldn't complain, could he? They look beautiful on that stand and aren't hanging where they might plonk him on the head! Loving your table and sunshade - and all that lovely veg still to come. I need a Jack!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whether he could or couldn't is irrelevant! If he wanted to he would!
      He has left me a small parcel for you. I'll get it into the post before the weekend.

      Delete
  2. Your garden looks so nice! I am glad you were allowed to keep the hanging baskets. I love baskets but watering them in my yard is almost impossible. But, you whole garden looks lovely and I love the little fountain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My garden is total joy and is a pleasure to sit it.

      Delete
  3. My post disappeared! Your garden is lovely! I am glad you were allowed to keep your baskets! It all looks beautiful but my favorite thing is the little fountain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, it didn’t disappear! Hahahah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's OK. I can't get too much of a good thing.

      Delete
  5. Whew, I was worried they would be removed. Glad he let them stay as they are so pretty. Thankyou Jack.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll pass on your thanks. He will, no doubt be reading this!

      Delete
  6. Bravo to Jack for all his work on your beautiful and productive garden.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He does such a nice job helping you with your yard. The hanging baskets are lovely. I think I have the same begonias in baskets but they are looking bedraggled right now since we were gone a week on vacation. Not sure they got watered as much as they needed. I'm hoping to bring them back to their past glory.
    How's the knee?

    ReplyDelete