Search This Blog

Wednesday 17 February 2016

A Bit of Self-Indulgence

Beverley Minster
I had to go to Beverley today, which is no great hardship!  Beverley is a lovely market town just a few miles north of the Humber.  It's not often that I go there so when I do it is always an indulgence.

I needed to return a spiralizer to Lakeland.  This was an indulgence when I bought it before Christmas but sadly making vegetable spaghetti was impossible for me.  Lakeland HQ told me to take it back to any of their shops and as the most convenient for me is Beverley I was glad of the excuse to visit.  I swapped it for a very good quality cook's knife - far more sensible!

Such common sense was too much so as it was well gone eleven o'clock and I hadn't had breakfast I decided to treat myself to brunch, and in fact to be truly self-indulgent and treat myself to Eggs Royale.  This is smoked salmon and poached eggs on toasted bread and topped with Hollandaise sauce.  

I am not going to try and justify either the calories or the cost.  Total indulgence means not doing either.  Bliss!

1 comment:

  1. Where would we be without some self indulgence! I spent years being careful and would feel a bit guilty if I treated myself - now, all guilt is gone and I happily indulge! (Although, darned if I can think of anything I want right now... sigh...)

    ReplyDelete