Search This Blog

Saturday 8 August 2015

A delightful morning out

You may perhaps have noticed that I like going to Normanby Park!  I have a season ticket and it's been £13 very well spent.

I try and get there as soon after 9am as I can and last week when I arrived it was still very quiet but by the time I left at about noon it was bustling.  At this time of the year there are lots of families enjoying the fresh air and the space to run around.

This wonderful wild flower display is just by the entrance and I thought it so beautiful that I went back to look at it once I had got the TT out of the car.  

There's a small "petting" area for children.  Who could fail to be enchanted by this fine fellow?

The kitchen garden is at its most magnificent with a glorious mixture of fruit, vegetables and flowers.

And even if the weather had not been wonderful, Normanby grows its own sunshine.

5 comments:

  1. The wild flower display is beautiful and the sunflower is a feast for the eyes. The weather has certainly picked up the past couple of days its feeling a little like summer now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful park. I agree funds well spent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely to see wild flowers growing in public places.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those wildflowers are GORGEOUS!
    Thank-you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Normandy park seems a wonderful place to visit. I admire how, even with mobility problems, you manage to travel and be so adventurous. I am filled with admiration.

    ReplyDelete