Search This Blog

Tuesday 22 July 2014

Bobo (2)




This hot weather and consequent ‘orrible inertia have driven me to my knitting needles and Bobo now has a sweater!  It looks rather a hot sweater for this time of year but so far he hasn’t complained.  He is sitting in the chair opposite my own and he looks rather proud of himself, if a bald, sightless bear can be said to look proud.

Strictly speaking the sweater isn’t finished as I have left quite a bit of back seam open.  My intention is to sew it up in a way which makes sure he can’t be undressed.  I feel that as a bear of venerable years he should not have to display the marks of a hard life to a nosy world which might take a ghoulish interest that he has had his head cut off and has lived to tell the tale. 

Next on the agenda is shoes.  He needs trousers too but it’s too hot to lug the sewing machine around.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your visit to me.
    I have a teddy very like Bobo. He is imaginatively named Teddy, and I've had him for... um, 75 years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love it! And this post too. There is something truly poetic about the entire thing. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete