Search This Blog

Saturday 7 September 2019

A seasonal pleasure

Summer can be lovely but autumn brings its own delights.  Comfort food.  Leaf kicking.  Autumn colours.

The downside could be that autumn is the start of cold weather.  And the upside of cold weather is finding cosy blankets to wrap up in.  

I've just fetched my crochet blanket from the airing cupboard where it has spent the summer.  And it is beautifully warm.  I am wrapped up and enjoying something totally mindless on the TV.  Bliss.  

Autumn and winter can be a little depressing but they have their own joys.  

3 comments:

  1. I adore autumn and am even fond of winter (except for the long long nighttime) but it does not get seriously cold here. I am sure that makes it more enjoyable

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lap quilt is an essential part of Autumn, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I have my lovely woollen blanket which was brought back from India - bright turquoise blue/ navy/sky blue/tan stripes and SOOOO warm. When I go out of the room, I invariably come back to find BenjiDog happily settled on my blanket! No amount of telling off, raised voice, threats or severe beatings has put him off doing that. I like all the seasons for various reasons but really hate the very fierce winds that we are getting nowadays; they do so much damage.

    ReplyDelete