Search This Blog

Friday 1 April 2016

Easter

I came home from church last Sunday and I still haven't left the house again!  I've had a truly disgusting cold so I've gone to ground.

I think there were twenty originally!
But I can honestly say I have had a wonderful Easter.  Until a couple of years ago Auntie Hettie always made Hot Cross Buns on Good Friday but she's now delegated responsibility to her daughter so at eight o'clock on Good Friday morning I was there with a very healthy appetite. 

Easter Sunday was its usual wonderful self and once again I shouted "Alleluia!  Christ is risen!" inciting the congregation to shout back, "He is risen indeed!  Alleluia!".  I can shout louder than all of them put together.  

The cards I received
A copy of the cards I sent

Then home and back to bed I'm afraid, but nothing can detract from the wonder which is Easter.  I had some lovely Easter cards and sent quite a few myself.  There is something very special about Easter cards.  I send far less cards than at Christmas but each that I send is to someone who I know shares something of my faith.  There's much less "Oh, I have to send a card to so-and-so because I know they'll send one to me".  I've had lovely wishes in the form of e mails in response to both e cards and snail mail cards.  Thank you if you have been one of my well wishers.  As I said, I've been feeling a bit rough all week and lovely Christian wishes have done me a power of good!

A very happy Auntie Hettie

The loveliest part of Easter though happened a few days earlier when Auntie Hettie met her latest great-great-niece.  It was a reminder that God gives New Life in every way imaginable.

I am about to start my Sabbath, that special time for me and God.  I have so much for which to be thankful.

Every blessing.



8 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful memory to treasure, your dear Aunt meeting her great niece, delightful. Hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear that you had a great Easter.
    For some reason, thinking about you shouting "Alleluia! Christ is risen!" louder than all the congregation together is such a wonderful thought. That makes me smile!

    I hope you enjoy this new Sabbath!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure enjoyed my e-card. Easter service was wonderful but no bonnets on any little girls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I certainly appreciated the lovely Easter card.
    What a delightful photo of your Aunt and her great niece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry you are under the weather! I have been down myself but more in the form of a bit of depression. However, church on Sunday revived my spirits a bit and I am more normal now. A letter to follow soon -- and get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Update - now feeling quite a bit better. Thanks for your good wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your special cards always have meaning, so it's a pleasure to receive one. Although we no longer go to church I think my own memories are more connected to Easter than at any other event. It's a time of renewal, for life and for faith X

    ReplyDelete