Search This Blog

Saturday 27 April 2019

Greetings!

Yesterday was my monthly card making session at Mandy's.  Mandy really is the most patient of women.  There were five of us there yesterday and although she had prepared everything for us, we still seemed to be keeping her permanently on the hop finding extra things when we made mistakes or decided we wanted to make a few variations on her cards.  She's a great gal and she always assures us that we don't make mistakes: we create learning opportunities.  She used to be an infant school headteacher and I think she's got our measure!

So here are the results of my learning opportunities.  
This one was stamped and heat embossed and uses a stamped greeting cut out using a punch

Lots of layering and showing off the pretty papers.

Again we were using the papers to their best advantage.  

Probably my favourite of the four.  The background paper, including the small butterfly, was already printed and I just stamped the greeting and die-cut the large butterfly

Thank you, Mandy!

6 comments:

  1. Wow! These look so professional - obviously Mandy is a brilliant teacher (and you a very attentive pupil.) My favourite is the first one; I love that design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards. I actually like the first one the best. Something about dandelions.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many thanks for your generous comments, Mary. I really enjoy preparing for our workshops and there really isn't much teaching involved you are all very talented and rather skillful. Have a great week. Mx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admire your card making abilities, especially the butterfly card. I send many cards but don't make them, that is extra special. Nice you have a patient teacher.

    ReplyDelete