Search This Blog

Friday 12 August 2016

Kindness appreciated

For me one of the worst things about disability is the realisation (or the fear) that sometimes other people feel they can't do what they want to do because I would be excluded.  I often make excuses rather than join in something when there is a possibility that I will hold others back. 

Last week however, I got a pressing invitation to join with a Trefoil Guild walk and I am really glad that I allowed myself to be persuaded.  It was along the river bank near Brigg and I enjoyed it so much that I went back a couple of days later and did the "walk" again.

Isn't it wonderful how many really good projects have been funded with National Lottery money!  This project is the redevelopment of an abandoned canal-side path and will eventually be fourteen miles long.  We just went a couple of miles.

Part of the river is canalised and it was fascinating to see the twenty first century motorway thundering over the eighteenth century canal.

It's a wonderful leisure facility with luxury small craft on the water and dog walkers and runners on the path with both able to enjoy the wildflowers.
 And just for once I wasn't the only trundle truck user!
That's not me!!!!


4 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so glad you went AND enjoyed it. The path looks really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thrilled to hear you allowed yourself to be persuaded, it looks like a great walk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful there.

    ReplyDelete