Search This Blog

Monday 25 April 2016

The dog ate my homework!

One of the best things about retirement is the opportunity of learning new things.  I've written before about MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses) and opportunities to go on day, evening or weekend courses but just recently I decided to join our local U3A - the University of the Third Age.


U3A  isn't as solemn as it sounds.  Each month there is a general meeting which includes a talk - next month ours is on Morecambe and Wise "with a bit of magic thrown in" but there are also small interest groups.  I've signed on for just one for starters - paper engineering.  This morning I went to my first session and we made this model.




It's quite hard to photograph because it's actually a moving model with cams to cause the dog to shake his head as though "worrying" the book - there's a handle on the far side to turn to make this happen.  



Next time we've been promised a flying cow.  Watch this space!

4 comments:

  1. It's great to see you back!
    That is so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really cute and looks like a lot of fun! I am impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the dog - it really made me smile. I admire you for your enthusiasm with such a vast array of interests X

    ReplyDelete