Search This Blog

05 August 2026

August

 Each month the National Federation of Women's Institutes offers a drawing class on its website.  And each month I join in.

Yesterday the tutor led us in drawing a "fantasy" vegetable garden.  We drew peas, courgettes, lettuces, leeks, carrots, beetroot, spinach, kale, tomatoes and runner beans.

I'm no artist and I suspect Jack would have opinions to express if my garden looked like this, but I enjoy the session.  Maybe looking for all those veggies in my picture can be my equivalent of "Where's Wally?  






11 comments:

  1. I saw pumpkins growing over an arch in the middle of a pumpkin patch at a National Trust garden... they looked fantastic too

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a "rose arch" over a front door neat here where roses have been replaced by runner beans. They look wonderful and the beans are easy to harvest too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your way better than ke, the art gene passed me by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it had by-passed me but I rather enjoy getting my felt tips out and receiving instruction in words of one syllable.

      Delete
  4. Love your fantasy vegetable garden! Looks much better than my real vegetable garden, which is mostly dead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you created in your vegetable garden and drawing is so relaxing I find. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Far more relaxing than battling with the hot weather in my real garden!

      Delete
  6. My vegetable garden is definitely a fantasy this summer. I've really struggled with watering in this heat 🥵

    ReplyDelete