Search This Blog

Saturday 8 June 2019

A Railway Station with a Bit of Pizzazz!

On the way in one passes the Fat Controller.

When Amy came she travelled by train and I collected her from our local railway station at Market Rasen.  Market Rasen station has been adopted by the local community and there's nothing soulless about it.  It's a quiet country station with quite a few quirks.
He watches over raised beds of vegetables






He obviously likes Lincoln Red cattle as he's he's allowed some to be painted in an old window

Some people wait a long time for a train.


but there's a lending library in the old waiting room

12 comments:

  1. I like to see quirky places, and this station excels itself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great station, another place that I have never been. Its not until you move away you realise all the great places you could have visited.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someone gave some thought to sprucing up the place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually a perpetual work in progress - each time I go there's something different.

      Delete
  4. What a lovely station to wait a while at. I must point out thought The fat controller is now Sir Toppam Hat for PC reasons lol. He's still the FC in our house though x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suspect he's still The Fat controller to most people who read this blog! But thanks for that - it made me laugh!

      Delete
  5. Oh how I wish I had that statue or a similar one for my yard!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A library in the waiting room was the bit that caught my eye!
    What a brilliant place

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful! So much better than the soulless ones run by main line companies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute!! Our train stations are pretty darn soulless.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this! So quaint and interesting! I wish we had places like this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a charming station, art work and lending library.

    ReplyDelete